The Membranology MH1 system is a flexible and versatile Cell harvester filtration unit, suitable for the concentration of biomass and particulate solids at the large lab or pilot scale.
Our filtration platforms have a proven track record in the separation of many typical organisms such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Saccharomyces candida, Pichia pastoris, Escherichia coli, Bacillus subtilis, Lactobacillus plantarum, Oenococcus oeni, Nannochloropsis, Chlorella, Isochrysis galbana, and Scenedesmus obliquus… to name but a few.
The cell harvester filtration platforms have successfully concentrated cellular materials directly from fermentation broths to concentrations up to and over 100 g L-1 dry weight with a rapid processing time. Additional applications include dialysis and slurry concentration.
- Processing of 100s of litres in a matter of hours, with
- Up to 7.2m2 membrane area
- Clean water flux up to 13200 LPH
- Typical application flux up to 720 LPH
- Digital sensors with datalogging capability for process monitoring and post run evaluation
- Customisable size
- Customisable components
- Stainless Steel pipework
- High quality membranes with a pore size to suit your application
- Minimal holdup volume
- Small footprint
- Temperature monitoring and control
- Pressure drop measurement
- Trans-membrane pressure measurement
- Flow measurements and control
A typical set of operational data from the filtration platform is shown below.
Figure 1: Experimental data from three consecutive tank volumes of microalgae Scenedesmus species.
Experimental operating parameters: initial concentration was 1.11 g DCW L-1; temperature 20 ± 1 ° Δ P 1.95 bar; cross-flow velocity 1.0 m s-1.
Contact Membranology to discuss your cell harvesting requirement. Contact us