High Pressure Cell
HP350 Pressure Cell
High pressure dead end filtration cell. Excellent for rapid evaluation of a full range of membranes from MF through to RO
Benchtop MF and UF
Benchtop cross flow filtration unit. Excellent for process development or working with volumes from 200ml to 10L
Production Equipment MF, UF, NF and RO
Production scale equipment designed to customer specification covering the full range of filtration from MF through to RO.
We have a range of products
- Membranology High pressure filtration cell designed to operate up to 68 bar especially useful for assessment of NF/RO membrane separations (for small volumes up to 1 litre)
- Membranology Laboratory Cell harvesting of microbes and algae (for up to 1 m3)
- Membranology Production Cell harvesting of microbes and algae (sized to requirements)
- Membranology High pressure filtration pilot suitable for NF/RO (sized to requirements)
- Downstream processing equipment for fractional separation of high value products
- A range of proprietary membranes in various standard configurations as support consumables for the equipment described above
- We also supply bespoke equipment for specific customer needs.
The Membranology MH1 system is a flexible and versatile unit suitable for the concentration of biomass and particulate solids at the large lab or pilot scale. Our filtration platforms have a proven track record in the separation of many typical organisms such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Saccharomyces candida, Pichia pastoris, Escherichia coli, Bacillus subtilis, Lactobacillus plantarum, Oenococcus oeni, Nannochloropsis, Chlorella, Isochrysis galbana, and Scenedesmus obliquus… to name but a few. Our filtration platforms have successfully concentrated cellular materials directly from fermentation broths to concentrations up to and over 100 g L-1 dry weight with a rapid processing time. Additional applications include dialysis and slurry concentration. Features include:
- Process monitoring and post run evaluation
- Customisable size
- Customisable components
- Stainless Steel pipework
- High quality membranes with a pore size to suit your application
- Minimal holdup volume
- Small footprint
A typical set of operational data from the filtration platform is shown below.
Figure 1: Experimental data from three consecutive tank volumes of microalgae Scenedesmus species. Experimental operating parameters: initial concentration was 1.11 g DCW L-1; temperature 20 ± 1 ° Δ P 1.95 bar; cross-flow velocity 1.0 m s-1.